Friday, July 8, 2011

Swimming Lessons

I had my first swimming lessons this summer at the Sky View pool June 21 - July 1. And it was a lot of fun. I was able to get to feel more comfortable in the water.


We worked on being starfish & airplanes (floating on our tummies & backs). Scooping ice cream (using our arms) and kicking our legs.


And jumping in the water to the teacher. The first couple of days I didn't want to jump in. I would try, but ended up sitting down on the side not jumping in. Mama had me practice jumping off the couch to Dad one day and then the next day in swimming I had no problem jumping in. I still need to work on putting my face in the water though.

Mama & Daddy wondered if I learned a lot in lessons, but I showed them. The next day we went to the swimming party and I was a great swimmer. I was jumping off the side all by myself (with my life jacket on) and showing everyone how I could float on my back. It was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Jaron and Mandy said...

Good job Paige! You look like you learned lots and had tons of fun